Monday, February 1, 2016

Fingertip Pulse Ox

Fingertip Pulse Ox
You can find it Here.
#pulseoximeter




I'm not really doing adult visits at this time. So I really cannot attest to the use of this pulse ox on a large variety of adults. However I am doing a ton of children's visits.

Out of the box you will need some AAA batteries. I have another fingertip pulse ox that I thought was from the same company, but maybe not, anyway that one came with batteries. So I was not expecting to need any. So my actual first potential visit with this was a bust. The next day I picked up some batteries. The next 6 days I had all children. Yes, you read that right, 6 days! No rest for the wicked huh :) This also comes with a carrying strap and black velcro pouch.

I was able to give it a try on the itty bitties.. well itty bitties is generally >6mos for my caseload. Because of the tiny fingers sometimes you have to improvise. Make sure their fingers are warm. And that goes for adults and children. Then whatever finger you use sometimes when you close the top all the way it stops reading. If this happens just hold it open a little bit and it will start to read again. This is simply because this is an adult probe. But it still works and reads accurately. I used it several times while patients were attached to their home O2 machines. At $21.95 I find it to be a bit on the pricier side. Like I mentioned earlier, I have another one that I got much cheaper and it works just as well. I've also had it over a year and it has held up without issue. So while I like this one, there could be cheaper options.



Preformance: 8/10
Value: 4/10

I was provided this fingertip pulse ox complementary to test and give my honest and unbiased review.

No comments:

Post a Comment