Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Handheld TENS Unit

Handheld TENS Unit
You can find it Here.
#Tensunit



I absolutely love this unit. I was a bit wary of just how it would work because of its size and that it takes 4 AAA batteries. However I was pleasantly surprised by the power this little handheld unit puts out. I am just tickled by the fact that it has 2 channels/ outputs. So you can either have 2 people using it, 2 different areas, or 4 pads in one area. It also has 1-10 levels. I have never gone above a 4, and at the 4 I just tried it and had to go back down. My typical number is a 2 or 3 depending on my pain level that day. Now I've had 6 children without pain meds, so I know pain. I'm not just a wimp by not being able to go above a 3 for regular use. 

 My only real gripe about this is that the leads do not last long at all. The unit comes with 4 2x2 wired pads. one set (2pads) only lasted me 2 days max. I was really hoping to be able to get more use out of them than just 2 days. And that is 2 days with approximately 4 hours of use per day. I have ordered more 2x2 pads, and also got some 2x4 pads and some gel. Hopefully these new pads with the gel will last longer. On a positive note it is really easy to find replacement pads for the machine. Just remember to get wired leads and not the snap ones. Big difference. 

Pro 
Easy to use 
Simple design 
1 - 10 levels 
Adjustable settings for specific areas 
Digital readout 
Easy to find replacement pads and other products on amazon 
Excellent price for what the machine is capable of doing. 
A+ value. 
Batteries last quite a while 
Lightweight 

Con 
The pads do not last long. 
I wish there was a longer session timer than 15 minutes. 

 Overall I find this to be a quality product. It is durable, customizable to an extent, lots of adjustments available, lots of level choices. It is about the size of universal T.V. remote, so a bit longer and not very wide.

I was provided this TENS unit complimentary to review and give my honest opinion of the product. I have no relationship with the seller.

No comments:

Post a Comment