Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Beach Windscreen/playpen



Beach Windscreen/playpen by BeachBuddy.co

You can find it on Amazon Here.

I have recently had the pleasure of receiving this beach playpen to review. My only downfall with this review is that the timing was really horrible. It is always sunny in central Florida, right? Meh not so apparently haha. It arrived when it rained daily for 2 weeks and then we got a cold snap where it was in the 50's. I'm glad I was still able to use it, I just wasn't able to make it up to Daytona beach as I had hoped. I was really wanting to try it up there because the sand at Daytona is not like the other beaches for the most part. It is a super fine sort of sand. I will get it up there one day, and I shall update when I do.

Living in central Florida we get to the beach quite often (when the weather is nice and I am actually off of work and not dead tired) and when I came across this Beach Playpen I was excited! As a mom to I frequent mom groups, play dates and other families with small/young children. So this would be great for all our get together meets. However it is November and the FL temp. is not so blazing hot that we cannot do anything outside. Perfect time to put this to use! Until that recent cold snap.


In any case we were able to use it at Cocoa and New Smyrna beach, as well as the grass at various central FL parks. This is a nice product. It is very lightweight and easy to carry. It comes in its own carrying bag. And it is very simple and easy to put up. The material quality is very nice too. It seems like it will stand up to time and sun. It is not meant to keep your children inside the area, as they can escape easily if they want. But it is more of a boundary so they do not just wander off freely. The bottom that goes on the ground works very nicely for when at the park and the grass is a bit crunchy. At the beach it does provide a barrier between the hot sand and kids skin, but however don't expect it to be completely sand free. Sand does get in, but that isn't any design flaw or anything negative. You've got to expect that sand will get everywhere when at the beach.


I do not have much to say against this other than the posts that go into the sand or ground could be a little longer. We had the problem with super soft sand that sometimes an edge would lean over or fall against the wind.


All in all this is a really nice product. I would say it is best for children 1-4 if you are going to use it totally enclosed. Other ages I would suggest just using 3 sides and not making a box so that the children can enter and leave. They are probably going to anyway and it makes for easier in and out, sometimes they trip over or step on the edge getting out. I would recommend this to parents with young children. It makes a nice defined space for your family. I was provided this at a discount for my honest and unbiased review. These are my own opinions and experience using this product.




Carrying case, walls, poles, and floor bottom. Very easy set up and lightweight.




Yes, this is how he normally looks.. Mr. Grumpy Face.





Special treat.. He's smiling.. sorta!

No comments:

Post a Comment