Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Physical Therapy Bands

Exercise Resistance Bands for Physical Therapy                                              
by Sport Fizi-Q
 
You may visit the Amazon page Here.
 
What do we have for our first review on this blog? We have ourselves 4 exercise/physical therapy bands. They vary in resistance. The pink "Flamingo" is the easiest. Followed by the yellow "Starfish", green "Butterfly" and red "Dragon." I'm not really sure just what to think about the names of the bands. I would think a butterfly would be more appropriate for the pink flamingo. In any case I suppose the names are a cute addition. The bands came with basic e-instructions that were emailed.
 
I like that the bands are color coded and have a dot system on them to identify their resistance levels. As a busy mom I really can't remember which color means what. I do like that they are not plane Jane boring and have that splash of color added. But the dot system, easy peasy, problem solved.

I did not like that they only came with e-instructions emailed. Which might honestly be a personal preference. I learn best by actually seeing something. It would have helped me to do the exercises based on reading and seeing a picture of the exercise described.
 
So how do they work? Not bad. I think they are a bit more appropriate for a physical therapy situation for strength building, rather than exercise. But if you are just starting an exercise program, then this might just be the thing for you. I would have to say these are for beginners or in addition to a routine. I didn't notice them to become stretched out over time/use which was something I was a little worried about when I first started out using them.

I personally got them so I could do some light exercises with my legs while at work. I've been having some swelling issues and I believe it is directly related to reduced movement through my shift. I have limited space to work with, and whatever I do it has to be quiet. The bands seemed to be the perfect solution. The pink is to easy for legs. I think the pink would be more for arm work. The yellow seemed to be a great starting point. Green was good for when I actually wanted to do some real exercises, and the red was my limit. Maybe after time I would use the red more, but for now I would stick to the yellow and green bands. Those two colors suited my needs the best with my noise and space limits. Also, I am a real sized person. Probably heavier than I should be, but that is my own struggle. Anyway, I also used the bands on different various areas of the body.. knee/thigh area, and found the bands rolled up onto themselves when used. After a few reps it started to dig into the skin. Because of that it is probably best to use the bands on non-squishy areas. Like in the ankle/calf area on the legs.
 
 All in all I found the bands to be useful. I would recommend them to anyone who needs to build up some strength when starting an exercise routine or after an injury or surgery.
 
 
 
Arrival packaging.
 
Color, names, and dot resistance system.
 
 
Flamingo in action!
 
 
Starfish in action!
 
 
Here is the varying thickness of the bands.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment