Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Prenatal DHA

AVASIA Prenatal DHA With EPA - Derived From Purified Fish Oil - RDA For Pregnancy - Supports Infant Brain & Eye Growth - May Help Post Natal Depression
- 60 Soft Gels
- 2 Month Supply
- Made In USA from AVASIA                                                                                   

View the Amazon product directly Here. 
#AVASIAPRENATAL

Recently I was sent a bottle of Prenatal DHA supplements to try and review. I am still in the childbearing age, and am currently nursing my youngest. As well as pumping for the babies I donate milk to. DHA supplements are on the approved list of "medications and supplements" that are allowed by the milk bank. So I decided to give these a try. They arrived 2 days after ordering with some other amazon items. I started taking them the day I got them.

The capsules look like typical fish oil capsules, oval shaped and a straw or pale yellow in color. They are supposed to have a light lemon taste, but I didn't notice any taste or smell before consuming. The company guarantees no fishy burps or aftertaste, but I didn't find that to be true. BUT I will say that I did not follow their suggestions of taking the capsule with a meal. Their sales ad suggests taking the DHA capsule with a meal for increased absorption, although as a nurse (and mom) I know that taking it with a meal will also try and help to avoid the fishy burps and/or taste. I find for me that I generally and almost always take any pills and capsules alone. Not even with water at first. I've always done it that way. Not sure why.... must just be one of my quirks that makes me, me :) Even with saying that, there was only one time that I got the fishy aftertaste.

This product comes with 60 capsules. Which is enough for 2 months. The product claims "may help post natal depression" which would be awesome. I personally have not noticed any change, good or bad, in my moods. It could be that I would need to take the capsules for a longer time period to see any change. It is worth noting I am not depressed! I am simply saying the product has a potential mood claim, but I have not noticed any difference.

So what do I think? Well I think this is a quality product that is worth it for women. Pregnant and breastfeeding mothers could potentially benefit from the DHA support offered in this product. The pills are on the larger size but if taken with a drink you should not have too much of a problem swallowing them. As a nurse and a mom, I would recommend these. I have received this product at a discounted price for my honest and unbiased review.










No comments:

Post a Comment